Goooood Mornin’! It is an amazingly beautiful (albeit hot) summer day today. Automatically puts me in a great mood to wake up to plentiful sunshine.
We are low on groceries right now. Not just, oh we are out of milk again low on groceries.The kind of low on groceries where you have to think of some very interesting meal combinations and eat breakfast for dinner.
So in light of this disas…I mean, challenge, I was super proud of myself for coming up with these deee-lish buffalo chicken sandwiches that were super tasty and healthy for me and baby! It was like going out to eat at a pub in our own home. Will definitely be trying some variations of this with BBQ sauce and (baked) onion rings on top. Yum!!!!!
Comment if you try any of my recipes and love them. I love to hear good, and bad, feedback as it helps me in writing future posts!!! 🙂 Who knows, maybe this next month I will even send you a FREE homemade recipe just for commenting!
Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup Frank’s hot buffalo sauce
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet onion, minced
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper powder
- 4 whole wheat buns
- 1 Tbsp. low-fat ranch dressing (this one if my favorite brand!)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat chicken with 1 Tbsp. olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper (to taste) and place on baking sheet. Bake for 35-45 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes prior to next step to lock in juices.
- In food processor (or by fork), shred the chicken. Be careful not to over process, you want it to be chunky not finely minced.
- In medium saucepan or dutch oven, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add celery and onions and saute until tender.
- Add chicken to saucepan/dutch oven along with cayenne pepper powder (if desired) and hot sauce, stir to combine. If too dry, continue adding hot sauce 1 Tbsp. at a time until you get desired texture. Turn to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- To serve: Toast buns (if desired), top with chicken mixture, sliced tomato, and low-fat ranch dressing. Enjoy!