On this day 1 year ago I started this wonderful website to share healthy recipes and fitness tips with the world. The site has since gone through a lot of change in the past year and I am so grateful that you have stuck with me on this journey!! THANK YOU readers!!! I greatly appreciate your support. 2016 holds A LOT more surprises so get ready by bookmarking this site NOW.
Upcoming this month: Slimmed down versions of your favorite Christmas cookies, homemade whole wheat pizza (I made this last night and it was amazing (-ly simple!) but I want to refine before posting the recipe), and some other Christmas themed goodies for you all!
Keri (aka Flavorful Fit Fare creator and CEO ;), I love the sound of that!)
As we have now surpassed Thanksgiving, we have hit a lull in the holiday eating until Christmas parties start to flood our calendars. Thus, it is no longer socially acceptable to stuff our faces with all the carbohydrates we can lay our buttery fingers on. Time to get back into those skinny jeans or zip up that little black dress for all the holiday parties coming up!!
To get you and your figure ready I’m sharing with you a mouthwatering mashed cauliflower recipe that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters!! I just brought this same recipe to my Friendsgiving last night. Two of the guys there didn’t even realize they weren’t eating mashed potatoes…so I’d say it was a huge success!
Photo credit: Faithfulness Farm
When I saw this recipe on Pinterest (see photo inspiration above!) I knew I had to try it out. I did change it a bit by adding in different cheeses and using roasted garlic for more flavor.
This recipe is one of my favorites to make since it is literally SO much easier than making regular mashed potatoes and is better for your waistline. It doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and can even be made ahead and reheated on the day you want to serve it. This is a great way to introduce cauliflower to picky eaters in your family. Cauliflower is very bland so it really picks up on any flavors you add into it…making this dish very versatile as well.
I could go on and on about how great this is but YOU need to give it a try for yourselves to believe me! Comment to this post with any questions and I will try to answer them for you =)
Photo credit: Goddess of Scrumtiousness
Three Cheese Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 garlic bulb (about 6-8 cloves)
- 1 cup Asiago, Parmesan, and Romano cheese shaved blend
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh cut chives
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Cut the end off a garlic bulb, place onto aluminum foil sheet with cauliflower florets and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat evenly and place into oven for 35-45 minutes.
- Place cooked cauliflower into food processor. Add in garlic, squeezing the cooked cloves from their shell. Turn on food processor and slowly add in milk a little bit at a time. Add in more milk for smoother consistency and less for more dense mashed cauliflower.
- Season with salt, pepper, chives, and 1/2 cup cheese. Pulse with food processor a few times to combine.
- Note: You may serve just like this or continue to next step. Both are delicious!!
- Pour into baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until top is browned and bubbly. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information (per 1 serving): 101 calories, 6g fat, 7.4g carbs, 5.6g protein