I looooove me some pumpkin’ in the Fall!! Expect many a pumpkin recipe to come your way now that we are in full Fall swing here in Virginia! These pumpkin pancakes are everything you want in a pancake..fluffy, flavorful, and healthy! I adapted this recipe from one I found online here.
Although I am not gluten intolerant, I do try to eat gluten-free occasionally for good measure. These pancakes use coconut flour – which is gluten free and has a nice nutty flavor that I love. It can be a bit gritty in texture so if you wanted it smoother I would suggest halving the coconut flour and replacing it with white whole-wheat flour.
With coconut flour you typically need to use more eggs in the recipe to account for the dryness it tends to have. The flour soaks up a ton of moisture so be sure to account for that when creating/testing recipes and exchanging coconut flour for regular!
This recipe does make a very small amount so be sure to increase it as needed!! Enjoy!
Hey guys!! I have officially just launched a Flavorful Fit Fare Pinterest page! If you are on Pinterest, and enjoying this blog, I encourage you to follow us! I am an admitted Pinterest fiend, addict, obsessed person…I Pin A LOT on my own personal page so one can only imagine the damage I can do with this blog’s page in no time!
I will be posting not only my own pins from this blog (to make them easily available for others to Pin as they desire) but will also be pinning lots of recipes from other blogs, fitness tips and inspiration, and other general awesomeness.
I mean, who doesn’t love Pinterest? Although it tends to make me want a mansion, complete with outdoor kitchen, that is perfectly decorated for every season with homemade crafts and perfectly scrumptious recipes that won’t affect my amazingly fit physique at all. It’s a nice dream, until you wake up and realize that the craft/recipe Pinterest made seem so easy in fact turned out to be an epic Pinterest FAIL! I know we have all been there 🙂
I still adore the site and can’t get enough! So head on over and check us out! Beware that I just created it today so there won’t be much content on my pages. But don’t worry, give me a week and I’m sure it will be brimming with new stuff for you guys to check out!
You want to drink wine, eat chocolate, feel satisfied – never hungry – and STILL LOSE WEIGHT?! If you said yes, this program I use is what you should try!!!
I don’t really believe in cleansing or detox programs as a lot of them end up starving you and ruining your metabolism. However, I do think that you can detox your body through healthy eating, more sleep, and regular exercise. I love to stick to the motto “Everything in moderation” but as we all know sometimes things can get a little out of control and you need to reset your metabolism and cravings – fast!
I am sharing my meal and exercise plan with you all in hopes that it helps somebody with a starting point for a healthier lifestyle.This meal plan and exercise program is for 7 days. Absolutely stick to it longer than that if you feel so inclined!! You can do it!! I promise you will feel so much more energized and lighter after that week is over with because I sure do! The best part is – you won’t feel starved at all, I promise!
This program is what I ate and the workouts I performed this week. I lost a total of 5 pounds from start to finish!! That type of weight loss may sound unhealthy when out of context but I typically notice my weight changes from Monday-Friday anyways since I eat healthier during the week than on the weekends. I was coming off a bad week of eating/not exercising so I needed to snap back to my healthy ways. It was also probably a lot of water weight and bloat that was lost as well. Typically, your weight will naturally fluctuate throughout the week 1-3 pounds regardless of your diet.
If you don’t work out regularly this workout plan may be a bit much for you. However, you can always ease into the exercises starting out with lighter weights/less strenuous cardio and gradually increasing as you get stronger.
A couple of things to note if you want to follow exactly how I did it:
- The salad dressing mentioned was Simply Dressed low-fat balsamic or Simply Dressed light Italian vinaigrette. These are my favorite go-to dressings that I have found to be lower in sugar, calories, and fat than most other dressings. Plus, it’s so yummy!
- The bread used is Ezekiel bread. This is one of the healthiest bread items I have found and use nothing else now. You may opt for whole wheat instead if this isn’t for you.
- The peanut butter used is no-salt added organic peanut butter. I didn’t mention the brand on purpose because it truly doesn’t matter as long as you make sure to watch the sodium and sugar content on whatever you buy!
- The strawberry preserves I use are organic Trader Joe’s. I love all the flavors they have so feel free to experiment! Make sure to use sparingly though as it does have a lot of sugar — but it’s mostly natural so it is allowed in small amounts.
- All of the recipes for the avocado tuna salad, pancakes with berry compote, sweet and spicy salmon, sweet potato stew, chili, eggplant parmesan, are all on this website. For the ones not listed – look for them in upcoming posts =). They are all quality tested and approved for tastiness and wholesomeness!
NOTE: I am NOT a doctor. This is simply what works best for me when trying to lose fat and tone up. Please consult your physician prior to starting any exercise regimen or “diet” You may substitute almost any of the meals listed for something of equal nutritional value.
Click the link below for a printable PDF version of the diet and exercise program:
Diet and Exercise Program
Comment below if you will be following this program along with me! It helps to have support!!
Hey there!! I have been MIA recently due to lots and lots of vacations and transitioning into a new position at work. Rough life I know. We visited Charleston recently for my husband and I’s one year anniversary and fell in love with the city! The food is absolutely incredible there. While I wish I could say that we ate healthy the entire time there we absolutely did not. But that is what this life is about, for me at least. Moderation. Eating unhealthy foods will not make you fat. Eating unhealthy foods ALL the time will make you fat.
One of the breakfast items I tend to want more often than others is blueberry muffins. There’s just something about the warm, fluffy morsels that is so comforting and makes my soul happy. Also, coffee + muffins makes for a great day! Just sayin’.
Unfortunately the ones sold in many coffee and breakfast bistros are calorie bombs loaded with sugar and saturated fat. So what’s a girl to do? Luckily, with this recipe you can have your muffin and eat it too!! See what I did there? =) I really like this one because the lemon really brings a freshness and zip to the sweetness of the honey and blueberries.Try this recipe out and let me know if you ever buy a regular muffin again. Promise they are deeee-licious!
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp. Stevia extract (or 1/4 cup sugar)
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 lemon’s zest
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or grease with coconut oil.
- In large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and stevia.
- In separate smaller bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the milk, applesauce, and honey, lemon juice and zest.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry, stirring until flour is completely incorporated. Then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Add mixture to greased or lined muffin tin until about 3/4 the way full. Pop in the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until tops turn golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!